Re: [SLUG] no input from keyboard and mouse

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 17:16:21 EST

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 16:29 -0500, eben1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> Hey. I just tried to change my power supply and failed (candidate was
> dead), so I
> ut the old one back in. Now I get nothing from the keyboard or mouse (the
> keyboard works in the BIOS, so it and the PS/2 controller work at least
> somewhat).

Very stupid question but dumber things have happened....are the mouse
and kbd plugged into the opposite slot? I've actually done that once by
accident and gotten limited use from the kbd with no mouse on a linux
box. Never looked into the logistics of how or why it was even
possible.

Second, do you have a PS tester? I picked one up from CompUSA a while
back. 7 LED's and plugs straight into the ATX connector. 9.99 at
CompUSA. Could be a freak coincidence that one of the +V feeds went bad
at the same time or in swapping you ended up with a bad solder joint.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=332184&pfp=SEARCH

Since it's so cheap and a good thing to have on hand...and you can get
it locally at the store, I'd start there just to rule it out. Unless
you feel like pulling your hair out with a multimeter. ;^)

Mike Branda Jr.