RE: [SLUG] live, command-line distro recommendations

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 11:17:28 EST

>From: "Sick Twist" <thesicktwist@hotmail.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: [SLUG] live, command-line distro recommendations
>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:18:53 -0500
>
>I'm in search of a command line oriented Linux distro that runs off a live
>CD. I am familiar with SystemRescueCD [http://www.sysresccd.org/] and like
>it a lot. However, it does not appear to be actively maintained at the
>moment. Does anyone know of a similiar distro? I'm not opposed to distros
>that do include X but a boot option to refrain from starting X
>automatically would be needed at the very least. Thanks in advance for your
>recommendations.
>
>-Jonathon

I appreciate all of the replies to my original question above. I don't know
why but it had never crossed my mind that a distro such as Knoppix could
just be forced to boot in command line mode via a kernel option.

In any case, I wanted to let the list know that the original distro for
which I wanted a replacement (SystemRescueCD) has been updated with a new
version that was released days ago. Here is the changelog in case anyone is
interested:
http://www.sysresccd.org/changes-x86.en.php

-Jonathon