Re: [SLUG] Computer Collection

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 00:46:29 EST

On Saturday 18 February 2006 00:22, Richard Smoot wrote:
>My display generators were all
> vacuum tube about 5 feet high 3 foot wide and 6 feet long and would
> project a 16 foot square color display or 4 separate images in the 16 foot
> square screen. It took about a minute to generate a new display. We had 4
> or 5 of thease for the SAC level command post. They really did generate a
> large wall of display. This was pre Unix. A 32 bit machine word coded in
> octal coded machine language.
> If someone wants to start a museum, I could probably dig up some of my
> training material on this beast.

And here I thought you would say you would dig up the computer... Guess that
explains why you are here in the Tampa area.

I started with an IBM card puncher but my first own machine was the IMSAI 8080
if recall the name correctly.

Then moved onto the Ohio Scientific Superboard II.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.