Re: [SLUG] kernel version?

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 09:07:57 EST

> RMS (Stallman) is at the far end of the spectrum here-- all software
> should be free, just based on the ethics of it, and anyone who develops
> non-free software is committing a crime and is to one extent or another
> evil.

My interpretation is that Stallman recognizes that nonfree software is
sometimes necessary - after all, he used proprietary software to
create his first free software. His standpoint is that software is
just another kind of human knowledge, like physics formulae or
mathematical proofs, and as such should be shared with all of humanity
instead of locking it up to try to make money from it at mankind's
expense. And, assuming my interpretation's correctish, I agree with
him.

--
Debianista!