Re: [SLUG] Theme From A Movie

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2006 - 14:39:21 EDT

On Sun, 14 May 2006, Paul M Foster wrote:

> chris lee wrote:
>> what are you playing it with?
>>
>> also, try to record it in a different format, mp3 or ogg vorbis.
>
> XMMS.
>
> Also, another question. Do wav files have metadata? If so, what tool is
> appropriate for editing the metadata? I'd like to note the name of the
> composition or at least the artist inside the file.

Not that much, I don't think. There's 40 bytes of header, and I know 4 of
them are "RIFF". Also the rate, length, and number of channels are in
there.

Sox can adjust the speed for you. If you adjust the rate appropriately (and
simultaneously), it ought to happen losslessly (like changing the "display
size" or "image resolution" in a graphics program), but I don't think it
does.