Re: [SLUG] What do you all think?

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2006 - 10:16:33 EDT

On Monday 16 October 2006 09:27, Levi Bard wrote:
> > http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2006/1030/104.html?partner=rss
> > Is this guying going to ruin is for us who want to pursue a career in
> > Linux or will there be a work around that makes him irrelevant?
>
> Wow. That is some of the most flametastic anti-Stallman FUD I've seen
> for a long time. Without Stallman, Linux would be a toy kernel you
> load by hand on an embedded microcontroller.

I think a more interesting view is that Stallman and all his antics, does seem
to believe in some utopian society. He is waay out there, and though we
should be grateful that his ideas coincided with Linus, does not mean we are
forever doing what he says.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.