Re: [SLUG] Digital Photo Processing

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2006 - 21:51:40 EST

On Saturday 30 December 2006 18:57, Mark Banschbach, SFO wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> The rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated !
>
> I was curious if there is anyone actively using
> GIMP or some other program specifically for Digital
> Photo Processing ?

I use GIMP to mildly enhance digital photos for printing.
I have used it more strongly to get information out of poor images
such as Fax's I have received.
I use GQview to look at groups of digital photos. It is very good for
quickly looking thru a lot of photos in full screen mode.
I come from a long term conventional photo background including
B&W and Color developing. I shoot tight and do very little manipulation
of the images I make.
What are you wanting to accomplish with Digital Photo Processing?

                              Richard Smoot