Re: [SLUG] Can Firefox run any slower?

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 15:46:27 EST

Ken Elliott wrote:
>>> Seriously, I'm wondering how people run this browser. I have it on a
>>>
> Duron 950MHz with 768MB of PC100 SDRAM. Ok so it's not a speed demon.
>
> Hmmm.... I'm running Firefox 1.5 on a 1.6 GHz with 512 MB of RAM, and it's
> quite responsive. I have it running on a quad core Xeon with 16GB RAM and 3
> SCSI 15k Raid 0 and it's not _that_ much faster...

I loaded 2.0 on a 500GHz P-II with less than 200GB RAM, and it ran like
a scalded ape. I've found that 2.0.0.1 is faster than the original 2.0,
too! I would agree with people telling you to stay away from the
original 2.0, but the current revision seems to be quite refined from
that. Any way, that's my $.02.