Re: [SLUG] Ideas for uses for Diskless computers

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 16:40:40 EDT

> My question to the group is, does anyone have any good ideas for these
> besides a firewall or IDS device?
>
> I'm definately willing to give one of these to someone, or both if you've
> got a really good idea.
>
> Existing Compact Flash cards WILL NOT go with these units if I give them
> away.

Sounds like a good PC for a child. Without a standard hard drive you
don't have to worry about them knocking it over or hitting it with
anything and crashing the heads. My little girl has been using my wife's
PC a lot and I've been thinking of building her own PC that she can mess
with.

Also, a lot of people use these VIA SFF PC's in their car or boat with a
touchscreen LCD. They're great little machines!

v/r,
Rich Morgan
Heavy Systems