Re: [SLUG] Thunderbird - Starts at the bottom of the email?!?! WHYGOD WHY

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 09:18:47 EST

> First there is the question of the need for EVERY message to include
the
> complete thread.

I think for 95% of us, it is unnecessary.

> readers. In reality, a single message cannot contain the entire
thread, as
> the messages branch. So anyone who wants to understand the entire
> discussion will need all the message for full effect. My contention
is that
> we waste bandwidth and make it more difficult to read when we include
the
> bulk of the thread above the most current response.

Another issue is the tendency of some to jam their (often one-line)
response smack against the last re-quoted text. In a 100-line
requote, your one-line addition is nearly invisible. If it is worth
the time to submit as an addition, then it is worth MY time,
as a reader, to make it stand out, as I have tried to do here...or
else I just delete it, unread. Why, then, even post it?

How hard is it, really, to hit "enter" a couple of times before
starting to type?

- Bob