Re: [SLUG] dual monitors in X

From: Matthew Rogers (matt@runithard.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 12:21:09 EST

I've had LOTS of issues running 2 monitors. I've used NVIDIAS settings
tool which made enabling the both a snap but I couldn't have one with a
16/9 and another with 4/3 aspect ratio. So obviously, running a 16/9
1680x1050 monitor at 1280x1024 looked like garbage so I chucked the old
17 inch and went exclusively to this 22 inch @ 1680x1050.

Are both of your monitors the same aspect ratio? BTW, I didn't get the
screen saver to work either, I just set power management to power them
down after 11 minutes and it worked on both. I figured the LCD backlight
only has so many hours of life, your better off just to shut it off.