Re: [SLUG] screenshot for web pages

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 10:52:41 EST

> Is there any way to make an image of an entire web page other than
> taking a screen shot of each screen full and piecing them together?

   I don't know what you are actually after, but the web page can be saved and later
displayed by saving the HTML file and associated called files using Netscape or
similar browser that is part of the complete suite, by clicking on:
FILE
EDIT (wait for the complete load)
SAVE AS (into a new directory)

   You can also save the source html and use wget to get the rest of the website.

   If there are rotating adds you will miss all but one and you will have a broken link.
This is only successful if it is simple and not made up of panes or other fancy code.

   I use gimp to save screen shots, not entire pages and I save them as .png files
and they are smaller than I might guess, the quality is great, but the operation is
quite slow overall.
For a simple record a digital camera works fine.

--
   Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.