Re: [SLUG] "mount" weirdness

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 11:29:04 EST

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Eben King wrote:

> Is there a way to make a given partition temporarily unmountable so I can see
> what breaks when automount can't mount it? I could take it's entry out of
> /etc/auto.misc I suppose.

OK, I did that to /misc/mp3. Everything seems to work fine (samba, sshd,
NFS is still broken so no evidence there), but I get two sets of this every
5 seconds:

Mar 2 11:18:35 pc automount[18751]: attempting to mount entry /misc/mp3
Mar 2 11:18:35 pc automount[6108]: failed to mount /misc/mp3
Mar 2 11:18:35 pc automount[6108]: umount_multi: no mounts found under /misc/mp3

I've run /etc/rc.d/{nfs-user-server,portmap,samba,thttpd,ssh} stop and still
it continues. xmms2d isn't running, and that's what I would suspect next.
My guess is that xfce itself is using it, but I have no idea why. "sudo
lsof -n" shows automount to be the only thing using /misc. Obviously if
I stop that, it stops trying to mount /misc/mp3. Any ideas?

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      http://royalty.mine.nu:81
ARIES:  The look on your face will be priceless when you find that 40lb