Re: [SLUG] barcodes

From: Matthew Rogers (matt@runithard.com)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 18:07:35 EDT

I've programed a Symbol USB bardcode reader for some applications at my
work (I work for Sweetbay/Hannaford/Foodlion) and they're really easy to
configure. You can pretty much configure them to read any barcode and
decide whether or not to drop check digits etc.

http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e37575489c075110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD
http://www.idautomation.com/laser/symbol.html

Another device you may want to look at would be the Symbol MK2250. It
is the device used as a PriceChecker kiosk in lots of stores. It runs
Windows CE and can pretty much do anything.

http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=34673acf35e95110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD
http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Micro+Kiosks+and+Payment+Terminals/Micro+Kiosks/Micro+Kiosks/MK500+Micro+Kiosk_US-EN

--Cheers,

Matthew Rogers