Re: [SLUG] Hosting The Great Satan

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 15:40:59 EDT

Daniel Jarboe wrote:
> > OK, now I can ping the local host. Now, see if I can find that
> > port on Apache. Just ping it? That doesn't work. Do I have to cd
> > to the "outside" machine somehow? I don't know how to do that.
>
> Pete, from the Windows guest point your browser at
>
> http://ipaddressofyourlinuxhost:9260/

Hi Daniel!

I should have been able to clipboard the link to it and then edit the
contents, but I couldn't. When I typed it in and tried it I got a dns
error. "This page cannot be displayed".

However, I don't think it is a web page that Apache is serving up on
this port, but a database. There is a special front end for it which I
don't have, yet. Not sure where to get that, yet.

I was just wanting to know if the Virtual box could see its host
environment. It might be able to. I did install winders from an original
M$ cd in the combo drive, so it can at least see that.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.