Re: [SLUG] resolution will not save --SOLVED

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter33@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 15 2009 - 18:51:07 EDT

After reading all the fine emails here I got to thinking about all the
different ways to replace a file. I found a way to save the file that is
created by the NVIDIA program.

I did that:
1. in the NVIDIA X Server Settings-->X Server Display Configuration-->Save
to X Configuration File.
2. Once in there, "show preview".
3. CTRL+a, CTRL+c and open the text editor.
4. CTRL+v and save new file as xorg.conf

Now I replace the old with the new.(save a backup of the orignal xorg.conf
file first.)
5. type this command in a terminal: sudo cp /"saved file
location"/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf
6. Reboot PC and it is working great.

I don't know why I didn't remember how to do this.

William