Re: [SLUG] Fibre termination

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 21 2010 - 09:02:32 EST

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 20:48, draeath <draeath@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't over-complicate it too much. In my vocational class back in '04,
> we spend maybe an hour goofing around with fiber termination. It will
> take practice to be quick and reliable at it, just like anything - but
> if you take your time you should be OK.

Yes that is what my friend down in Costa Rica told me. He is a master
fibre tech. He was lead tech of a group that traveled around the pacific
basin for Thompson doing fibre termination at the point where undersea
cable comes on land. He is doing a lot of that sort of thing in CR now.

I sure wish I had got it out of the way before that call though.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the