[SLUG] Time server problems

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 15:36:19 EST

I normally use ntpdate to query time servers in an hourly cron job. I've
used 0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, and 2.pool.ntp.org for my queries,
but all day I've been getting errors. I've used n.us.pool.ntp.org, and
n.north-america.pool.ntp.org, and even some others, not part of the
pool, and I keep getting errors. They'll respond to pings, but not NTP
calls. In one case (rolex.usg.edu), it worked twice, and then returned
errors.

Did I miss a memo about this or something? Any ideas?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster