[SLUG] sound apps

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2010 - 21:14:52 EDT

There is a nasty peak in my speakers' response curves, so I aim to get a
equalizer (maybe a parametric one) to pull that out. First I need to know
where (in Hz) and how wide the peak is.

I suppose I could find relevant tones on the piano, but it'd be more
accurate (I think) to do it computationally. So, I'm looking for two
things: a pitch generator and an app to make a frequency vs amplitude graph.
(There's a name for that kind of graph, maybe "Fourier Transform". Snd can
do it but I don't see how to get a number out of it.)

I realize the microphone and sound hardware can themselves introduce
nonlinearities, but there's not much I can do about that. What do you
suggest?

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

My parents went to a planet where the inhabitants have no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this lousy F-shirt. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.