[SLUG] Mandrake install question

From: Jim Lange (jlange1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 18:15:22 EDT

A friend of mine bought Mandrake 8 and tryed to install it on his computer.
He said that after about six minutes of cd-harddrive activity, the
installation stops and gives him an error 15 or something like that and then
leaves a blank screen.

A second question is for myself. I have an older Panasonic CF-41 mklll
laptop. Its a P120 with 32M ram and a nonbootable cdrom. I tried various
methods of installs and various distros. Finally, I bought a 3.5'' to 2.5"
ide adapter. I moved the harddrive to another computer and installed
Mandrake 8. After I moved it back, it finally booted up (no kernal panic).
However, it fails to make it into the GUI and reverts back to a command
line. I've done a few config type things to get the display and sound to
the correct. Obviously, it set itself up for the hardware that was in the
computer in which it was installed. It still seems to be looking for the
wrong chipset. Any ideas?
 thanks Jim