Re: [SLUG] 486's and keyboards

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 13:13:05 EST

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 07:58:44AM -0500, DaLe aTchiSon wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Go into BIOS SETUP. At the bottom of the first page where
> it says "Halt On..." change the selection to "No Errors".
> Or, if the choices are "Keyboard Installed" and "Keyboard
> Not Installed", make sure it says "Not Installed". Don't
> know if that will help, but it's all I know on the subject.

That setting prevents a PC from booting at all if the keyboard is
absent. In my case, it goes through the POST fine and begins the boot
process from diskette. Part way through uncompressing one of the
component files, it stops. Incidentally, if I plug in the keyboard at
some point in there, it will continue with the boot process.

Paul