[SLUG] CUPS question

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 13:47:29 EST

I have a CUPS server and a workstation with CUPS running. I have added
the printer to the workstation via the lpadmin -p deskjet -E -v
ipp://mr9000/printers/deskjet command. When I print using lp <filename>
everything looks fine. When I query CUPS to see how the job is
proceeding it says it is printing to the deskjet( it is connected to my
server) but nothing ever happens.

I have added "ServerName mr9000" to the /etc/cups/client.conf file.

When I query the server it has the printer as idle with no print jobs.
For some reason the job is not being sent to the server.

I don't know the mechanism the CUPS uses to transport jobs to the
server. Does the server poll the clients? Do I need to set up polling
on the server side?

All suggestions accepted!

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"