But I NEED a pony -- was: Re: [SLUG] Ruby / Rails Meetup, Mon Sept 11

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 07:40:06 EDT

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Logan Tygart wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 18:10 -0400, Jason Boxman wrote:
>> If you see a pony, tell it I said 'hi'.
>
> I'm sorry Jason, but your girlfriend Leeta told me to remind you of
> this:
> http://tinyurl.com/ms4yy

(chuckle) -- that reply line comes (along with from other
places) from a running joke thread in the #centos IRC channel
on irc.freenode.net -- then the channel op 'orc_orc' asks for
a pony, a 'bot' written by one of the other channel op's
replies with that URL some of the time.

The bot is getting better over time, and is really a lead in
to a channel specific bot to offer FAQ replies

-- Russ Herrold