RE: [SLUG] firewall stop please

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 12:15:53 EST

Unless you do some manual intervention, I think RH 7.2 still
insisted on ipchains. I had the problem wished I had written
down what I did, but I remember that I went in and blew the
rules away and flushed the set of rules that had been loaded,
and that cleared the problem I had up. I wish I had written it
down. B-[

I did it all from the command line, that stinking GUI thingy
never worked.... The Firewall was like crabgrass it just kept
on coming back, until I sprayed it KillerCommandLineRules(tm)
it would not go away. Happened to me with the same distro
RH 7.2).

Remember if you can not kill it or fix it with the GUI there
IS a command line fix, you just have to dig and work the gray
matter harder, (a good thing, makes your brain sharper)but
once you memorize them they become automagical. (Why do I have
to RELEARN this periodically?)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com